Friday, May 01, 2009

Unemployment, Day 40

Has it really been 8 weeks now that I've not been working? Damn.

Mom and I picked up Gramma Nori and then Aunt Reva, and headed over to the eye doctor. Aunt Reva's eye has been bothering her, apparently she has an infection. They gave her a new prescription for eye drops, and wrote orders to stop the once she was currently using. Hopefully they will be better by next week. If not it'll require some tougher options.

We all then went to lunch. I had possible the best roast beef sandwich in my entire life. I will describe it, and it sounds odd, and like it wouldn't be any good. It was fantastic though.

Thick sliced wheat bread spread with stone ground mustard and mayo, slice of tomato, slice of cheddar cheese, roast beef, sliced dill pickles.

WFT? Sliced dill pickles on a roast beef sandwich. Are you insane?

Maybe. Was it the most best thing I've put in my mouth recently. (At least sandwich wise?) Yeah. :)

Dill and beef go together very well. I put dill in my stroganoff meatballs.

The sliced dill pickles gave the sandwich a nice crisp crunch, and a nice dill flavor. Plus the salty garlic brine in the pickle really goes with the beef.


Dropped everyone off, headed out to run a few more errands with Mom, picked up pizza, came home and chowed down.

Back to Portland in a few more days.

No comments: