Monday, May 04, 2009

Unemployment, Day 41 (Media Headlines Edition)

Eat it bitches! Eat a big bag!

I will now quote CNN.Com:

Swine flu no worse than regular flu, Napolitano says

I'll repeat it again :

Swine flu no worse than regular flu, Napolitano says

I hate the over reactionary news-media. Gone is journalism and reporting, now it is sensationalizing and ratings garnering.
The Swine Flu might kill, but only in as much as the REGULAR flu might kill.

Now, it might turn out that we do have some pandemic at some point, maybe even next week from H1N1, in the mean time I am happy to see that the world panicked and over reacted. Ever hear about the story of the boy who cried 'Wolf!'?

I hope that in the future a new strain of extra-terrestrial death flu falls to Earth and has a penchant for only those in the major news media who would rather hype and sell advertising rather than investigate and report responsibly.


In other news (HAH!), Mom and I met Eric and Gramma Nori for lunch. Had an 8 oz burger (Watch Out! MAD COW!!!) on ciabatta bread, tater tots on the side (Wacth Out! STARCH KILLS!). Very filling. I'd give it 7.5 out of 10. It was above average, but not the best I've had. The rest of the early afternoon was spent talking with Gramma and hanging out. Then Mom and I headed to visit Aunt Reva one final time before I leave town. I cut her a piece of the Lemon Meringue pie that I made yesterday. (Watch Out! SALMONELLA!) Hopefully she enjoys it.


Only thing left for today, really, is to finish up folding my laundry and pack up my suitcase. Heading to the airport around 11 PM. (Watch Out! CRASHING INTO THE GROUND FROM 35,000 FEET IS FATAL!) I should be back in Portland around 5:30 AM tomorrow morning. The flight leaves Anchorage at 1:00 AM. I probably won't get any sleep in the plane, so I'll be a zombie tomorrow. (Watch Out! ZOMBIES EAT BRAINS AND PAL AROUND WITH THE UNDEAD!)

PS. WTF? My mother applied duct tape to her hands in order to go rake leaves out in the back yard as an attempt to avoid blisters. (Watch Out! BLISTERS CAN FILL WITH PUS AND GANGRENE AND SORROW AND MAKE YOU CRY!)

No comments: