Thursday, May 14, 2009

Unemployment, Day 49 - I drink your milkshake!

Did a lot of running around today. Beau and I ran down to the post office. I needed to mail off a package from Amazon that needed returned. Couldn't use the product.

Then we ran over to Best Buy where I bought an ethernet switch so that I can have both my Xbox360 and my BluRay-Live connections active at the same time, without having to swap cables back and forth. (Especially since I'd have to unhook the cables from the back of the tv cabinet as well as where the wall jack is.

Then we ran over to Freds where I took back the coffee carafe that didn't fit the coffee maker. I found a better universal style one that does fit. This all happens after I broke the original pot and Krups doesn't have an easy way to get a replacement. Damned thing. I don't even drink coffee. I still managed to break the pot by dropping it against the porcelain kitchen sink. I hate that sink. It destroys too many items to make me happy.

Travis and I watched 'There Will Be Blood' after dinner. The movie was visually stunning. There seemed to be an odd over emphasis on the score / music. It didn't seem to fit at times, and seemed unnecessary and overkill at other times. The story was good. I'm not entirely sure I understand 100% of the moral of the story. I'm still thinking about it.

No comments: