Friday, May 15, 2009

Unemployment, Day 50

A fairly low key morning.

Travis got home from class early, after being able to take an earlier time slot. We ran to Zupan's to get some things to cook dinner with. When we got home, Derek was packing up to head out of town. Instead of cooking, we decided to head to Mickey Finn's for dinner. It is a local brew pub type establishment. They have a bit of a 'fish' theme to the place. The food is usually decent, and the onion rings are the best by far of anywhere I have ever been. Their service is usually lacking, and this evening was certainly no exception. I thought I would order something different for dinner, only to be disappointed when my halibut sandwich arrived over sauced on soggy break.

C'mon people. If you are going to go to the trouble to toast some bread, why wouldn't you toast it adequately. And why would you put a gallon of tartar sauce on a sandwich that you know is going to sit on the line for a few minutes before serving? Travis and I had a small debate about where to eat before we left the house, neither of us being able to be decisive. We flipped a coin. I didn't realize that yesterday was opposite day. We should have stuck with option B.

After dinner we walked from the pub to the liquor store. Travis bought some very tasty Southern Comfort Liqueur and I got a replacement Baileys, size large. The girl at the liquor store counter didn't look old enough to drive, let alone sell booze. Damn I'm getting old.

Once home we watched 'Being John Malkovich'. Travis had never seen it, and I got it on Netflix. It is a fairly odd and bizarre, twisted, and yet funny movie. I think he liked it. I always thought it was funny.


No comments: