Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Unemployment, Day 42

The flight went smoothly, I'd say that the plane was barely over half full. My row happened to have 3 people of course. Luckily the guy on the aisle seat moved up a row to have a row entirely to himself. That meant that we had 3 seats between the two of us, so that was kind of nice. Didn't get any sleep on the flight. Just don't sleep well in motion. I'm very happy that my next flights up to Alaska will be during waking hours so that I won't miss sleep. I have plenty to keep me entertained in flight. By then maybe even WiFi on board! (Not likely though....)

Travis picked me up at the airport and we headed to breakfast at Shari's. (It is a fair bit like Denny's, but a bit nicer in my opinion.)

Beau was thrilled to see me, making squeals and yips and barks. Luckily he didn't pee on the floor.

Travis and I spent a great deal of the day catching up, setting up the surround sound and blu-ray system in the living room. That was a fair bit of frustration. We had to get more HDMI cables, which seem to be outrageously expensive. I'm still not entirely sure how to set up the damned system. Pretty frustrating.

Travis and I ended up going to Hawthorne Fish House for dinner. He had an excellent fish sandwich, and we shared some fish tacos with some pretty excellent chipotle may. I ordered fish and chips, however my fish was undercooked, and not crispy at all. Not as good as usual. I guess maybe next time will be better.


Going to bed early. Very tired, up way too long.

No comments: