Thursday, April 02, 2009

Unemployment, Day 18 & 19

Lazy Wednesday, didn't do much, although I cleaned up some piles of papers. I love the paper shredder. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to fill up the bin with discarded minutia. Tacos for dinner, I managed to get them extra spicy. Derek and Travis really seemed to like them, they repeated on me for the remainder of the evening.

Thursday morning started with a crashing of the glass recycling. Those dudes sure know how to raise a racket. I don't think they could have made a louder clanking glass noise if there were standing over my head with a bunch of marbles in a punch bowl.

Travis and I got up and headed for Ikea, as well as some errands. I'm looking for a stand for the TV that doesn't look stupid, but also is a tad higher than the dining room table. I would like to have something to set the tv on that doesn't get obscured. On the other hand, it needs to look nice, and be functional. Found what I wanted online, however it is a tad out of my price range, not to mention being more expensive than the tv itself.

Had lunch at the local Chinese place we normally go to. Food wasn't good. Travis really liked his. Derek needed us to get his tool box and bring it down to his shop, since his vehicle is apparently dying. Seems to be an epidemic.

After lunch, we went to the mall, Sears to exchange a broken socket for Derek, Macy's to pick up a new saute pan, then down to the Island to rescue Derek.

Stopped at Hollywood Freds to look at furniture. They have something that I like that will probably work for the tv. I need to think about it though. Trying not to spend money just for the sake of spending money.

No comments: