Saturday, April 25, 2009

Food Coma...

Slept in, kind of, until 8 AM. Sunlight was pouring in the window this morning.


Mom decided to make blueberry pancakes and sausage for breakfast. After breakfast I helped Dad finish assembling the new cabinets for the cabin, and then we hung them. The problem with hanging new cabinets is that the logs (and therefore the 'wall') that comprise the cabin are not flat. So, trying to true up and square the cabinets against the logs, and then get them to be level on multiple axis was fairly challenging. Once that was trued up, then came the task of getting the cabinet doors to adjust so they open and close without banging in to one another. That took up almost all of the afternoon.

Went into Hope for dinner. Had a pasta caprese salad. Tons of roasted garlic cloves. So good. I'm still tasting garlic.
Dessert was walnut pie. Like pecan pie, but 1000 times better, at least in my opinion. Mom bought the whole pie, and we took it home with us. I don't hold much hope for the survival of the pie. It will be gone soon, this is my solemn pledge!

Walking up the cabin driveway after eating a bunch of food..... that is an entirely different feeling. I'm glad that I didn't hurl. I am getting better at coming up the driveway though. Just about the time I'll be okay with dragging my fat ass up the grade, the snow and ice and mud will be gone, and we'll be able to drive up it.

Coming up, watching Cops, and tequilla shots.

Tomorrow we head back to the big bad city.

No comments: