Sunday, April 26, 2009

Turnagain, again, again, again.

Made the trip back home from the cabin. The cabin driveway is getting more treacherous as the snow melts down. Mud under snow, which has ice between it, and in some cases running water. You can't always tell when your foot lands it if will be slick or not. I managed to make it up and down all weekend long and not fall once! I feel pretty good about that.

Driving back through the Turnagain Pass, it makes me remember being out there and snowmachining, and worrying about the idiots that like to 'high-mark'. Great way to start and avalanche, and kill themselves. (Or more likely they'll kill someone else.)

I have cell service almost all the way around the arm, so that is somewhat reassuring.

Home again. At least my home away from home, when my home isn't the cabin in the woods.

Laundry and Midori.

I'm unwinding.

Looking forward to my final week in Anchorage before I return to Portland.
Job hunting in Anchorage hasn't really been any easier than in Portland, which was somewhat surprising.

It is still 50 degrees outside, and while the sun is slowly going down, it is still light outdoors.

No comments: