Saturday, April 04, 2009

Unemployment, Day 20

My new, self assembled TV Stand



After further debate, I decided that I wanted the cabinet that we saw at Freds. We went back Thursday night to buy it, and then I took to the task of assembling it and putting it together. Travis played XBox while I had parts spread out all over the kitchen and living room. It was a ton of parts, screws, fasteners, nails, cams, and hidden cam locks. I had boards and pieces all over the living room.

I managed to get the base cabinet all assembled Thursday, but it was past midnight when I decided to call it a day.

Friday morning I finished assembling the drawers. What a pain. I know those things are pretty sturdy though. I did wait until 9 AM to start banging around. You can see the final results in the picture above.

Travis had to help me move the old cabinet and tv out of the way.
The house is still a bit of a cluttered mess, but I hope to get that all cleaned up before we head out Saturday for Lisa Lampanelli.

No comments: