Monday, March 16, 2009

Unemployment, Day 6

Travis and Derek and I stayed up way too late last night. We were watching this show, Inside Americas Jails, or some such show. One of the jails is the Multnomah County Jail, in Downtown Portland. That was hilariously entertaining. (Probably not what the show was intending.)

Then, flipping channels, we landed on the Comedy Central Roast of Larry the Cable Guy. That was pretty damned funny. Hosted by Lisa Lampanelli, who Travis and I have tickets to see next month, it was pretty gut busting.

So, this morning came far too early. I actually slept in until about 10 AM. I think that is some kind of record for me.

Puttered around the house some, did some cleaning, organized a few things. Called the office payroll to tell them that they paid me wrong, and they said they will fix it by the next time I get paid. I get to pick up my bonus check on Friday.

I'm a little nervous about that, going back to the scene of the crime, as it were. I miss some of the people, I don't miss others. I'm still kind of angry at the whole lay-off business. It will be good to see the people though.

Friday evening is also dinner with the folks. I'm very much looking forward to that.

I have plans every day this week, really. Most of it revolves around getting ready for Travis and my trip to Newport for next week.
Beau gets to go with us. :)

No comments: