Saturday, March 28, 2009

Unemployment, Day 15

Lazy day. I slept in some, although Beau needed out so I couldn't lounge around forever.

I mostly just played XBox games and flipped through tv. Travis had to go to a school appointment.

We went to dinner at El Tapetio, which is very close to the house, a local Mexican chain. They apparently charge for refills on their bowls of chips, as well as now charging for refills on glasses of soda. Now, I realize that the economy is shaky, and that some eateries are probably struggling to survive. But, really? Charging me $1.95 for a glass of soda is already very heavily marked up. I just spent 26 bucks on dinner for the two of us. It would have bankrupted you to give me a refill on that soda?
It wouldn't bother me had it been their policy, but they had given refills free before. Same with the chips. So it apparently is an arbitrary policy. Was this a small way to attempt raising the rest of their prices? Come on. I'd rather you raised your prices a little bit rather than lamely apply a policy. Also, I'm pretty sure if I went to another outlet of the chain that I wouldn't pay for the refills. Time to fall back to other places to eat.

Back at home we watched some tv, and played some more XBox.

I guess I am in recovery mode from vacation. :)

No comments: