Thursday, March 12, 2009

Unemployment, Day 4

Up at 4:45 AM. Listening to the FM version of the Rick Emerson show, I probably won't continue to do this every day, but I did want to have some kind of routine. I've listened to Rick for over a decade of radio, I believe. It'll be a hard habit to break.

Travis slept in today. I finally roused him from his slumber by whining. I'm good at whining.

We went to grab lunch at Chevy's. They seated us in 'the bar' area. I must remind myself next time, NO SITTING IN THE BAR. Even though Oregon now has no smoking, we had lousy service. This was made worse by the fact that a bunch of big tittied dumb harpy shrill women sat at a table right next to ours, and the bartender made a bee-line for them. Boy did he end up being sorry. 'I want that entree, but we want to split it, but I don't want the lettuce served with it. I know it is what you serve them in, but I just don't want the lettuce'. Jeezus, lady, ignore the lettuce. No one is going to make you eat it. And you are not going to get a discount from having the kitchen leave behind a few pieces of rabbit food. The food didn't seem to agree with me. Oh well, it was edible. I think we'll stick with El Tapatio.

Then we headed to Best Buy. I'm pretty proud of myself, I didn't buy anything from them. Not from my lack of trying, but I just can't decide about my tv. The stock price is creeping up, so I'm hoping it'll reach my sell order. Then, I'm good to go! Travis bought some odd in the ear style headphones. He was very disappointed in them. They were cheap, and apparently for a reason. I can't handle things in my ears like that. (Odd, because I can wear ear plugs without being freaked out... go figure.)

Next was WaMu, which is soon to be Chase. After that, Travis went to get his oil changed, and I played XBox for a while.
Bastards at RockStar games delayed the expansion pack for MidnightClub LA, so I have to wait another week. I played Fable II until Trav got back.

Dinner was steak (out of the freezer), salad (from a bag), and baked potato. I got the skins extra crispy on the taters, but the insides were nice and tender. I didn't even ruin the steak on the BBQ! I'm not very good at grilling, it is just one of the genes I seem to be lacking.

Now I am in food coma, and with a belly ache. It was sooooo good though.

No comments: