Saturday, March 14, 2009

Unemployment, Day 5

Friday already. I'm still in vacation mode, me thinks.

DIdn't do much of anything today, slept in, a bit, watched the dog be crazy in the yard, etc.
It was kind of sunny, but also a tad windy, which makes it feel nearly cold.

Ken came over today for a brief visit, he brought his newest dog with him. Cute dog, mutant though. Willy. (Or Willie?)
Last time the dog was in the house, he peed on the couch. He's not really allowed inside anymore.

I met up with some of my former colleagues at a bar at the end of my street. They got off work, and hung out for a few drinks. I had probably more than I needed, so I was definitely feeling little pain. I love happy hour. Plus they have pretty good onion rings.

Everyone else seems to be waiting anxiously and nervously for the ax to fall again. Appears to be much sooner for the rest of them than previously thought. It is too bad, I feel sorry for them.

In a way I feel lucky and liberated to be able to be free of that place.

Travis picked me up from the bar, and we went home. He and Derek then went and got Carls Jr for dinner. I love / hate that place. I know it is bad for me, health wise, but damn it is good food.

The remainder of the night I spent playing on the Xbox.

Now the weekend begins.

Next week will be getting ready for a trip to Newport over spring break.

No comments: