Monday, March 09, 2009

Unemployment, Day 1

Had lunch with Laurie today. Went to Hawthorne Fish House. Good food. It was good to see her, and good to get out of the house. It has been snowing and hailing most of the day. Took her to the Hawthorne Fred Meyer remodel. One pretty sweet looking store, and it isn't even done yet. In store made potato chips are the best thing ever.

Bought new computer speakers today, my old Harmon Kardon sound sticks stopped working in the right channel. I thought I was going deaf, turns out something is wrong with the speakers. Phew! The new Logitech THX speakers are pretty sweet. I'm going to have to hide the power cord when I leave though, or else I think Derek will attempt to annoy the neighbors with it.

Had to clean out under my desk to move the wires and cables for the new speakers. I apparently disturbed a nest of spiders, little tiny baby ones. I had a mini panic attack over it, and luckily Derek was nice enough to nuke them with some spider kill spray.

Driving back tonight, though, I thought that I needed to get home and get my stuff ready for work tomorrow.

HAH!

Wow, what a habit. I'm programmed.

Watched Heroes on the couch with Travis, who was mostly fretting over his computer.

Not sure I like the new direction of the show, time will tell.

More tomorrow, if anything becomes of note.

No comments: