Friday, June 12, 2009

Unemployment, Day 70

Went down to an office 'event' today. The department was officially saying goodbye to all of the payroll processors. These had been all of the employees that I had been supporting when I was working there.

Cake, punch, a slide-show, and people talking and crying. Ugh. I'm glad, in a way, that they laid me off long before everyone was starting to get their notices. I didn't have to watch as each of them went away, and didn't have to witness the heartache and strife. Lucky me. I guess.

I left after about an hour, it was about all I could take.

Then Travis and I took Beau to the vet for a check up.

Nachos for dinner.

Another netflix movie.

My TSA approved laptop bag arrived, I'll be interested to see if the Portland Airport will allow me to use it as intended.


No comments: