Monday, March 13, 2006

He's Back! He's Back! Rick's Back on the Air!

Click the link above.


DO IT!


DO IT NOW!


I love Rick Emerson.

He is the *man*!

He makes me laugh, he makes fun of people, and I can relate to him.

He's funny, and has had quite some interesting ups and downs with his radio show(s).

I used to listen dutifully daily. I would elongate my lunch hour, take breaks to sneak out to the car and listen, and finally broke down and bought a radio for my desk at work so that I could listen and work at the same time. (Well, listen mostly)

Then, along comes some changes, and they moved him to an earlier time in the morning to accomodate a new line-up.
Ok. I'll play along. Cranky, I changed my listening habits.

Then one day, vanished. Gone. Suddenly Rick was replaced by some odd pre-fab cookie cutter radio station format.

No warning.

Nothing.

Like finding out someone ran over your dog, and didn't even have the decency to stop to see if he was even ok.

Just drove on for miles, with your dog's tail still stuck in the front bumper.

I threw my radio away, after smashing it to pieces. (Yes, I have anger issues...)

Today, as I was driving back from lunch, and Dr. Laura was really starting to make me want to hurl myself into a wall repeatedly, I switched the channel on the radio.

I heard that voice.

I thought it must be a re-broadcast, perhaps a podcast on the radio.

I listened along anyway, hoping it would be a funny show from the past.

It wasn't.

It was live.

Heeeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaack!

I'm so stoked.

This made my whole day.

For the rest of you who don't have any idea, go listen.
Load up your iTunes, search the podcasts for the Rick Emerson show. Listen for a few days worth of espisodes.
Get into the groove, Rick's style, and the general feel.

You'll laugh until you wet yourself.

I have to go buy a new radio for my desk now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - so where do I find him up here - I want to so badly wet myself - I'm gettin' my rubber pants out as we speak

Jas said...

*shudders and cringes* thanks for the mental picture.

He is produced locally out of Portland, Oregon. At this point the CBS radio folks do not have him streaming live from the website, yet.

As soon as you can listen from the web page, I"ll let you know.

He'd be on from 11 until 2 PM Alaska time.