Saturday, August 09, 2008

Over the hill...

... and through the woods, to the folks' cabin we go.

Long day, but fun.


Lunch with Gramma Nori, Great Aunt Reva, mom, me, Travis.

The Alaskan's Pioneer home was much nicer than I had expected. I'm glad that Aunt Reva is in a good place, certain good for her.

Went out to The Pepper Mill for lunch. 1/2 lb burger with Jo-Jo potatoes. Wow.... was I stuffed.

No dinner, we spend the rest of the afternoon running errands, and packing to come to the cabin.

Got to the cabin by about 10 pm tonight, then had cheese, crackers, margaritas and salmon and beef stick as a snack-like dinner.

(Found Susans too, small round short bread cookies with a huge glob of chocolate frosting covering them. I could eat a ton of them all by myself.... soooo goooooood...)

Moved a recliner, my old recliner that I gave to my folks when I moved to Oregon, up the cabin property with dad, and it is now sitting nicely in the cabin living room. Mom is very happy.

Tomorrow will be dragging the new utility run / pole / grounding rod so that dad can get the new electrical run for the cabin.

The folks did get the new well drilled, 130 feet. A bit more than they wanted, depthwise, but still short of the neighbors 288 feet. That would have left them with zero extra money for the year.


Cabin is great.
Travis is great.
Looking forward to being alone though.... :)


More tomorrow.


(DSL at the cabin kicks ass, and I even have 1 bar of cell phone signal....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you both made it there safely and are having such a good time. I love the updates! Thanks for keeping us readers posted on your adventures.

Jas said...

:)

Just done with brunch, heading to Palmer Creek, not too far from the cabin. 4x4 off road adventuring, and then the Hope museum. More tonight!