Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Auf Wiedersehen!

Bon Voyage!

Tomorrow is the big day. Taking Travis to Alaska as my graduation present to him.

He's nervous about meeting the family, and he's not too keen on flying, so tomorrow will be a full day for him.

I've been trying to keep from getting overly excited, myself. So much to get done, not sure how everything was going to work out, fitting everything into one smaller suitcase to avoid the temptation of bringing 100 pounds worth of crap.

Tomorrow, excited about tomorrow.

I have a few new stories to post, but I will need to write them out first, they are fairly in depth and not something I can monkey-bang out in just a few quick sentences. I need to give full attention to detail, or my saucy and snide wit is lost in translation.

(Yeah, I'm modest too!)

Looking very much forward to showing Travis where I grew up, and all the fun places I remember from my youth, adolescence, and delinquent days.

This first weekend will probably be playing tourist, shopping for trinkets, and maybe hit the Alaska Zoo.
Tuesday we leave for Homer to spend two nights at my Aunt and Uncle's cabins (which they rent out for tourists... www.glacierviewcabins.com ) , and then we are driving back, with my 10 year old cousin and her best friend.

Hoping also to spend a few days at the folks' cabin in Sunrise.

Should be a full trip!


More from the road later...... stay tuned for more updates....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you get stuck with transporting 2 10yo girls.

Good Grief. and you cant even threaten to "turn this bus around"

Jas said...

I can, but I probably won't have to. :) I'm mean, and I can threaten. Plus, after all, I do know T's mom.