Monday, February 13, 2006

VD And Me!

VD.

Valentine's Day.

Everyone's favorite, unless you are single.
Luckily, I'm not single.

I was struggling to find something of a romantic nature to purchase or create. I'm not really crafty, except for being a pretty fine confectioner. And while I could have whipped out some pretty awesome cheesecake variants, that wouldn't really have been a surprise, hard to make a surprise in my kitchen with the other half around.

Besides, where would I hide it once it was made? Once the refrigerator was opened, the jig would be up.

I opted, instead, to purchase some chocolates from an online merchant whom my parents clued me in on.

Great stuff. Insanely good chocolate, kind of pricey, but damn they are binge-worthy.

The helpful merchant actually reminded me in an email that this time last year I had placed an order. And if I was so inclined, I could make a purchase this year, and even get a discount! Not that I would ever put a discount on my love. That would be wrong.

The online merchant even went to far as to import the exact order from last year, including the mailing address. All I had to do was plunk down my credit card numbers. Mailing address? Of course, I'd never have the items sent home, always send them to work, free publicity!

I did opt, however, to make a few changes in the chocolate selections. I wouldn't want to buy the exact same thing.
It is chocolate, but none the less, it ought to be a good experience!

Upon completing the information, I was informed that I could select the delivery date. Obviously I chose February 14th.
Why would I choose otherwise?

Chocolate isn't adequate enough, so I also purchased a few CD's. Comedy, funny stuff I know that will be listened to by the both of us.

Jim Gaffigan - Beyond the Pale

Stephen Lynch - The Craig Machine

Now, getting these CD's was an ordeal all unto itself, but I'll spare you.

Got some fun wrapping accessories.

Wrapped them, put them into witness protection so that they wouldn't be found by someone looking for their gift......


Today I get home from work to find the opened boxes of chocolate on my dining room table.
Appears that delivery on the 14th actually meant the 13th.

Should I be upset that they showed up early? I mean, I guess I should be happy that they didn't get delivered late.

I'm not entirely upset the chocolate showed up early. I do have a belly-ache now, though.

Happy VD everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. 1st VD day I can remember not having one bite of chocolate (Costco chocolate chip cookies and Hersheys brownies with walnuts don't count do they) - Oh well, in about 49 minutes it'll be tomorrow and that Dove bar with soft raspberry center on the dresser behind me will be less in size tomorrow morning - Chocolate helps ya sleep ya know !!

Jas said...

Chocolate helps you sleep?

Wow.


I had no idea.

I'll remember that next time I cannot sleep, although my inability to sleep usually stems from me eating too much sugar before my bedtime..... :)