Monday, January 04, 2010

2010

Not what was promised in the movie. But not too bad so far.

Two or Travis' friends drove up to visit us twice before their departure back to college. That was fun. Good people, and adults. It is so nice to be around people who act as responsible adults. Although originally they were going to have lunch with us, the snow started falling last week in the middle of their visit. After our lunch of Gustav's, which was fantastic, we hung around the house chatting and socializing. We got 6 inches of snow in the greater Portland area, so they decided to hang out longer. The roads were all backed up for hours, and they were staying with family about 90 minutes away. So, we took them out to Hawthorne Fish house for dinner.

They left pretty late, probably around 10 PM or so. They didn't make it back until nearly 230 AM. I felt so bad for them. But we did offer to let them spend the night. Snow. It just disables this city. Amazing. Simply crazy.

They came back and visited us again yesterday, taking us to lunch this time. We went to Kennedy School McMennamins. Had decent food, but poor service. And I had a watered down drink. 2 outta 3 aint bad, I suppose.

They hung out most of the evening, and I served raspberry cheesecake.
It was good social interaction.

Need to find a job. Looking, but not finding. Seeking but not succeeding. Frustrating.

Couple more weeks, and I'm going to have to make some final decisions on the future. I'm still decently comfortable for now.

Trying to stay positive while existing in a vortex. I'm surprisingly not depressed, just stressed somewhat.

I'm lucky that Travis tolerates me and that Beau is completely oblivious. Life would be much harder, otherwise.

Waiting on OSU to review my transcript.
Waiting for the phone to ring.
Waiting, waiting, waiting. I'm just not good at being patient.

I know, it is on my list of things for 2010.

I'm working on it.



1 comment:

Jon said...

I'm glad you are not depressed. I can certainly relate to the frustration of finding work. I've kept in touch with many of our former co-workers through Facebook and many of them are in the same boat. It's good that you are considering going back to school or a relocation to Alaska. I've always been under the impression that you have an amazing support group back at home. Either way I think everything will work out for the best, so keep your chin up and keep thinking positive thoughts.