Monday, December 04, 2006

Hit the Road, Slack......

Yeah, ok. I've been a blog slacker lately. It isn't all that easy for me to juggle full time work, full time school, and some form of a life. As the holiday and Christmas season approaches, I'm happy to say that I'm already done with all of my Christmas shopping. Having to mail packages is a good motivator to getting things done early.


Thanksgiving was a good weekend. I refused to cook Turkey dinner this year, owing to the fact that it was my actual birthday this year. We went out to a classy German restaurant (http://www.rheinlander.com/) where we had a full feast. Eight people were in attendance. It was a nice time. Honestly, it wasn't all that expensive; I would have spent just as much on food if people were eating at my own house. Plus, it was soooooooo excellent to come home after eating, and being waited on, and have a clean house still. Normally I would be opposed greatly to being out in public on a Holiday, and also making someone else work on a Holiday, especially one that is really about togetherness in my family tradition.

The waitress got a HUGE tip. HUGE. I gave her money on top of th 20% she already got. Aren't I nice? It was my birthday.
She yodeled a German song (not Frohliche Geburtstag - Happy Birthday in German). She was quite good. Great voice.


Friday, black Friday, was the first Black Friday I have not work in my 15 years of retail. It was sooooooooo nice.

Had people over on Friday to celebrate, eat pizza and watch "Another Gay Movie". Very funny. Saw it in the local independent movie theater. Hilarious. Funny, but probably only if you are "family". If you don't know, probably might skip it on netflix. (It includes a naked Richard Hatch........ so you've been warned)


Saturday was top tier Barenaked Ladies! That was awesome. Only four of the crew went to this one, Derek, Mike, Ken, and myself. Opening act was M Doughty, former front man from Soul Coughing. He's a very strange man. I think I'm probably the only one who liked him. For me, I would have paid to see him in concert. It was the only time I've ever been to a concert where I liked both the opening act, and the headliners.

BNL give a great show. Same genre as Moxy Früvous, and They Might Be Giants.


The new album is pretty awesome too, already went out and bought it.

The 60 gig iPod is 75% full, although I haven't copied all my cd's onto my G5 yet. Someday. Maybe after I graduate.


Thinking of going to Vegas for a few days when I do finally graduate. It is kind of looking like perhaps I will be graduating in November of 2007. Then it would be an early birthday present. Still debating though.


People in close relations have me 60% convinced not to go skydiving for a graduation gift to myself and instead take a hot air balloon ride. We'll see.

Well, I spent tonight wrapping Christmas presents, and now it is time for bed.


Hope that everyone has a great Christmas this year, I'm sorry that I won't get to see most of everyone.

I'll try to keep the blog a bit more updated if I can.


Take care y'all!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Good deal on the concert. It's nice to get what you pay with regard to live entertainment.

Live entertainment? why does that sound like strippers to me? Hmmm.

Take Luck!